Each clinic has specific eligibility criteria based upon income level and place of residence. Please review the clinic description carefully.
Volunteers cannot help with income tax returns for
– deceased individuals
– capital gains or losses
– employment expenses
– business or rental income and expenses
The volunteers trained by Canada Revenue Agency follow these guidelines:
– Individual $30,000 or less
– Married or Common-Law couple $40,000 or less
– Single Parent with 1 child $35,000 or less (add $2,500 per additional child)
– Interest income limited to under $1,000
The Chartered Accountant volunteers follow these guidelines:
– Individual with no dependents $25,000 or less
– Married / Common law with dependents $35,000 or less.